Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Sorry!


I apologize to any and all folks who have tried to ascertain information from my blog, only to see the same old post forever. The last two years have been pretty personally tumultuous times in my life. In Spring 2008, I developed a stapf infection in my spine following a fairly routine back operation to repair a herniated disk. That injury, and the subsequent recovery, kept me off the water for most of that season. Last Spring, I was told by my Wife of 16 years that she wanted a divorce. While I did get some quality fishing time in, posting to my Blog became much less important than taking care of the things that needed taking care of, and making sure my two beautiful kids were going to be O.K.. I am happy to report that we have all (for the most part) made it through the storm and have begun to piece back together a normal, albeit different, life.

Fishing got off to a great start this year and has continued strong into June. I launch the boat on May 2 with the help of my lovely girlfriend, Sara and proceeded to catch about 15 keeper-sized inside Barnstable Harbor. Last week I had Doug Glen up from Pennsylvania for three days of Charters. Last season Glen had managed his largest striper ever with me, a nice 37-inch fish. He was bound and determined to best his record from last season. Despite a great effort over the three days that had dozens and dozens of nice sized bass coming over the rail, it wasn't until the last fish of the trip that Glen's prize finally came to hand. A beautiful 34-pound bass that ate an unweighted 9-inch squid colored Sluggo! Way to go Glen!



I took the Memorial Day Weekend to be off the water but will be out and about later this week if the weather holds. There are tuna being caught in decent numbers down along the backside of the Cape and I plan on checking them out for myself very soon.

No comments: